Vision & Values
School Vision Statement
We are called to provide an exemplary Catholic Education
- Discipleship: With Christ as our light we aspire to nurture the whole person in a community centred on Gospel values.
- Learning: We are committed to providing an education that empowers all to become life-long learners.
- COMPASSION - We show Compassion by:
~ Accepting our own gifts.
~ Helping, giving, comforting and encouraging.
~ Showing care for our school both inside and out.
- HONESTY – We show Honesty by:
~ Taking responsibility for our own actions.
~ Speaking up for what is right.
~ Considering our carbon footprint.
- RESPECT – We show Respect by:
~ Taking pride in our self and what we do.
~ Treating others as you would like to be treated.
~ Maintaining a clean, safe and healthy environment.
- INCLUSIVITY - We show Inclusivity by:
~ Taking advantages of opportunities to become involved.
~ Including others in all you do.
~ Being friendly and caring to others.
- SELF CONTROL – We show Self Control by:
~ Taking time to plan before you act or speak.
~ Being aware of situations and how others might be feeling.
~ Taking time to consider our actions and their impact.
Christus Lux Mea
"Christ is My Light" (Latin). With Christ as our light all human values will find fulfillment and harmony.
Our school motto is incorporated into the school crest. The crest also shows the crucifix, the symbol of Christ, showering light on St Francis Xavier Cathedral, representing the parish community of which our school is an integral part. Completing the crest are items of academic and recreation activity which show our commitment to the development of the whole person.